Start enjoying a wealth of benefits that last a lifetime.
You’ve made some great decisions in your life. This could be the next one.
At MECU, we think of ourselves as more than just a financial institution. We consider ourselves a group of truly caring professionals whom our members can count on for the rest of their lives.
So when you walk into any MECU branch office or talk to an MECU representative at our Member Solutions Center, you’ll probably notice something out of the ordinary —a person that actually cares about you. Don’t be surprised. That’s just the way we’ve been doing business for the past 75-plus years. With a warm smile, and a genuine concern for our members that we just can’t seem to suppress.
After all, as a member of MECU, you’re an esteemed part of our credit union family who will always be treated with complete courtesy and respect.
Ready to switch from your present institution to MECU? Click here.
Once you join MECU, you can immediately begin to take advantage of a wealth of benefits and convenient services. As a member, you’ll enjoy:
Who’s eligible to join MECU?
Membership in MECU is open to —
- Anyone living or working in the Greater Chicago area.*
- Employees, contractors, members and retirees of the following organizations:
• Brook Electrical Supply
• Cambium Networks
• Direct Selling Association (DSA)
• GO2 Partners
• Motorola Mobility
• Motorola Solutions
• NewNet Communication Technologies
• Nidec-Shimpo America
• Nokia Networks
• Property Specialists, Inc.
• SAC Wireless
• Smalley Steel Ring
• Twisted Pair Solutions
• Zebra Technologies Corporation
- Anyone who makes a $15 donation to ConnectVETS.**
- Employees, contractors, members and retirees of the previously listed organizations’ subsidiaries, joint venture companies, as well as the successors of those companies.
- Employees, contractors, members and retirees of other firms having business relationships with the previously listed companies.
- Anyone related to current MECU members by blood or marriage, including foster, adopted and step family members. Same-sex and domestic partners are also eligible for membership.
MECU is a credit union chartered under Illinois state laws, and currently serves people living throughout the U.S.
* Greater Chicago area is considered east of Route 47 and North of I-88/290
** ConnectVETS is a Chicago-based nonprofit that connects veterans with employment opportunities in the private sector. You may join ConnectVETS with a one-time, tax-deductible $15 donation to support their cause and to be eligible for membership in MECU.