Ready To Establish Reliable Credit? A Visa Card From MECU Is The Perfect Way To Begin.
Developing an excellent credit history is the first step in unlocking a lifetime of financial opportunities. At MECU, we can help you get started.
Being able to easily borrow money whenever you need it can make your life much more convenient and rewarding. It can also help you achieve your financial dreams — like buying a new car, renting an apartment, or getting a mortgage for your house.
If you’re young and interested in building your credit, here are some interesting facts to consider:
- Your credit information is used by insurance companies, landlords, financial institutions, and even employers
- Good credit can help you obtain low interest rates
- FICO credit scores (three digit numbers ranging from 300–850) are used to determine your creditworthiness (typically a score of 700 or greater is considered very good)
- You can’t raise your credit scores if you don’t use some form of continuing credit such as a credit card or loan
- The lower your credit score, the higher your interest rate
A Visa credit card from MECU is an excellent way to establish and build your credit history. Before applying, determine which Visa card best fits your payment pattern and offers the rate and benefits you prefer. For instance:
Building great credit is simply exercising good common sense. Use your credit responsibly by purchasing only what you can afford, and make your payments on time, every time (easy to do with our automatic bill payment service).
Before you know it, you’ll have a stellar credit history that can provide you with exceptional flexibility and financial rewards throughout your life.
For the vast majority of people, maintaining a reputable credit standing is the foundation for financial success. To find the MECU Visa card that’s best for you, visit our credit card comparison page here. You can also stop by any MECU branch, or call 877.270.6392 and press options 3, 1, 2.
* Introductory 0% APR (Annual Percentage Rate) applies for the first six months to new purchases and balance transfers. Introductory APR not available for cash advances or for existing MECU Visa cardholders.
Back to News & Events