Ready to hit the road in a new set of wheels? Roll into MECU and see how easy it is to be cruising in style — in no time.
Sporty or practical. Spiffy or conservative. New or used. At MECU, we have vehicle loans for whatever strikes your fancy.
With great fixed rates (including refinancing), flexible terms and a desire to give you the green light, we’ve got something you’ll enjoy jumping into — the perfect vehicle loan. With MECU, you can drive off with:
Even your loan payment is hassle-free with automatic transfers that:
- Transfer funds automatically from one MECU account to another
- Ensure each payment is made on time
- Save the time of going to the credit union and the expense of mailing your payments
Our comprehensive range of vehicle loan services includes:
- Full vehicle protection packages
- Optional payment protection
So when you’re ready to get rolling, we’re ready to help.
For a list of our fees, please check our fee schedule.
|Term||APR As Low As**||Bank Average APR|
|New Vehicle - up to 24 months|
|New Vehicle - up to 36 months|
|New Vehicle - up to 48 months|
|New Vehicle - up to 60 months|
|New Vehicle - up to 72 months|
|New Vehicle - up to 84 months|
|Used Vehicle - up to 24 months|
|Used Vehicle - up to 36 months|
|Used Vehicle - up to 48 months|
|Used Vehicle - up to 60 months|
|Used Vehicle - up to 72 months|
|Used Vehicle - up to 84 months|
* Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is based on excellent credit history, and reflects a .50% discount for Express Advantage members (those with MECU checking and direct deposit) who make automatic loan payments from an MECU checking or savings account. APR for new cars applies to 2015 or newer models with a loan to value up to 100%. APR for used cars applies to 2013-2014 models with a loan to value of less than 80%. The APR for used 2010-2012 models is as low as 2.24% APR (60 month term), and for used 2009 and older models is as low as 4.24% APR (60 month term). Other terms and conditions may apply. National average APR may not reflect rate discounts offered by MECU. Payment example: A $20,000 loan with a 60-month term and 1.74% APR would have 59 payments at $348.29 and a final payment of $347.99. Rates subject to change without notice. All loans subject to credit approval.
Because it’s one of the most expensive purchases you’ll make, you may wish to consider additional protection for your vehicle.
Opting for the MECU auto loan package helps protect your financial investment, vehicle repairs, and even your credit rating. For just a few dollars more a month, enjoy extra peace of mind in knowing you’re covered when the unexpected occurs.
- Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP). If your vehicle is stolen or totaled, GAP pays the difference between your primary insurance settlement and your outstanding loan balance, potentially saving thousands in out-of-pocket costs. Learn more.
- Mechanical Repair Coverage (MRC). Plan for the unexpected for mechanical repairs outside the manufacturer’s warranty – available for new and used cars that are no more than 10 years old and have no more than 120,000 miles. (Not available for motorcycles or boats.) Learn more — and get a quote.
- Payment Protection. Enjoy added peace of mind knowing your loan will be paid in the event of unforeseen, difficult circumstances, including unemployment, sickness or injury, or loss of life.
Compare vehicle loan rates
APRs in this table are for used auto loans of $20,000 with a 60-month term.
|Bank of America||2.74%|
Competitor APRs are for Illinois only and are based on mybanktracker.com. They reflect private transactions and no relationship-pricing discounts. MECU’s APR applies to private and dealer transactions for 2014-2015 models and reflects a .50% discount for a loan to value of less than 80% plus an additional .50% discount for Express Advantage members (those with MECU checking and direct deposit) who make automatic loan payments from an MECU checking or savings account. All rates are effective as of May 03, 2016. For all MECU auto rates and disclosures, click here.
At MECU, you’ll find everything you need to know about buying a car in one convenient place. Makes and models. Prices and rates. Do’s and don’t’s. Even specials deals being offered.
These links can help you make well-informed buying decisions. So when your search is complete, you can be confident that the car you choose is a car you’ll love.